Saturday, April 18, 2015

Happy Birthday, James!

We would like to take this time to congratulate Tabibu Africa's Secretary and co-founder, Corrie Wima Naishipai and her wonderful family, on the newest addition to their clan. 
We welcome James with loving arms and hearts!
Mungu akubariki (may God bless you)
   From little date seeds, great things are born. ~Namibian Proverb
 
"It had also been a childhood dream to travel to Africa, and the journey turned out to be much more rewarding than imagined. I found a place where my heart and soul had yearned to be, and they smiled. I may or may not have made a difference in a few lives, but it definitely changed mine. 
I had a difficult time adjusting at first, there was so much need and only so much we could do. I found myself frustrated and angry. Then the patients would walk into the clinic and smile with gratitude with whatever we gave them; vitamins, brufen, cream....but most important Love and a listening ear. Humanity at its purest..all Humans need Love and a listening ear. 
My time in Kenya rejuvenated my soul, while just beginning to slake my hearts desire of bringing help desired in "My Calcutta". While I am counting the days to return to my heart's home away from home I do hope to have brought back many lessons from the African people, but first and foremost the importance of a loving ear, and a kind mouth."
 ~Corrie Wima Naishipai

No comments:

Post a Comment