Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Learning to Surf...


When living in Hawaii I owned a surfboard and tried my hand at surfing. However I never got very good at it. You see, I did not attempt to learn to surf much as I was much more content sitting in the safety of the calm ocean past the surf breaks. I could not stop the waves, and sometimes they seemed continuous, but once you paddle out you have to learn a little bit because you can't stay on the ocean forever. 
Same is true in life. Life will give you ups and downs. There is no way to stop the ebb and flow of life while living, but we can learn how to alter our reaction to it. Learn to ride out the storms of life and enjoy the calm gentleness as well. If we can alter our attitude to be one of gratitude, for there is always something to be grateful for- even in the midst of hard times, the waves don't seem as bad.This is easier said than done to be sure, but just like with surfing, living takes a little practice. 

Today is 'Positive Thinking Day' 
How are your thoughts helping you learn to live?





No comments:

Post a Comment